Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Cold Backup Restoration
Cold Backup Restoration [message #60514] Wed, 11 February 2004 13:52 Go to next message
Anish
Were trying to test the configuration on a new Oracle server and unfortunately the DBA group here is not very cooperatve.

What were trying to do is take a Cold Backup the DBA group does of a important database and test it on our new server without their help.

I've been able to migrate to the new server using the cold backup using the exact same directory strucutre as is on the old server  so I can use it to test migrating to a new databae directory structure. I've already run the alter database backup control file to trace so I can test changing the directory strucutre of the database on the new server..

My question is do I need to copy the control files to their new locations or will the create database script generated create the control files for me.  I've read some places yes and other places say copy over the control files.  I appreciate any help.

Re: Cold Backup Restoration [message #60524 is a reply to message #60514] Thu, 12 February 2004 03:17 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you need to copy ALLL the files.
edit your initsid.ora to reflect the new location of control files.
please have a look here

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: INCREMENTAL and CUMULATIVE backups
Next Topic: datafile recovering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:36:35 CDT 2024