Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » recovery from hot backup
recovery from hot backup [message #59456] Sat, 22 November 2003 01:08 Go to next message
M. Khaled
My server is running on archive mode. can I recover database from hot backup(not offline) using control file,redolog file and archive log file

PLEASE HELP......
Re: recovery from hot backup [message #59464 is a reply to message #59456] Mon, 24 November 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Definitely u can recover ur DB upto the time of crash if u r running ur DB in archive mode. Use last hot backup taken and the archive log files to recover it.
Re: recovery from hot backup [message #59468 is a reply to message #59456] Mon, 24 November 2003 06:08 Go to previous message
Thiru
I thought we have discussed this before. As long as you have atleast the backup of System tablespace and ALL archivelog files generated since the creation of all other datafiles, you have a good chance of database recovery. You also need to have the controlfile that would recognise all your datafiles to be able to do 'alter database create datafile AS' .

But if you have the complete hotbackup ,controlfiles,archive redolog files , then there is no issue at all.
Previous Topic: Oracle Hot backup
Next Topic: "RMAN Recovery Catalog Backup w/ NOCATALOG" to Tape.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:53:49 CDT 2024