Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Hot backup including archive log fails lost old archive logs
Hot backup including archive log fails lost old archive logs [message #52286] Fri, 12 July 2002 04:31 Go to next message
Amil Turkhia
Hi Everyone,

My hot backup with Rman fails because it could not find old archive logs. I don't have old archive logs, Is there a way to fix this problem other then doing resetlogs or disabling and enabling archivelogs.

Amil
Re: Hot backup including archive log fails lost old archive logs [message #52288 is a reply to message #52286] Fri, 12 July 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
I beleive the command you want is:
RMAN> change archivelog all crosscheck;

This will crosscheck what you have with what the repository and control files have and update accordingly. You need to do maintenance like crosscheck and delete of old backups.

I would suggest you get a copy of ""Maintaining RMAN Repository" from MetaLink.
Re: Hot backup including archive log fails lost old archive logs [message #52291 is a reply to message #52286] Fri, 12 July 2002 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Then simply create them before doing backup:

connect rcvcat rman/rman@rman01;
connect target ' / as sysdba@db21';

sql 'alter system switch logfile';

change archivelog all validate;

run {

allocate channel d1 type disk;
}

That was fixed in 9i, already.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP DBA
Visit our web site [url=http://www.dbaclick.com]Click Here

Re: Hot backup including archive log fails lost old archive logs [message #52296 is a reply to message #52288] Fri, 12 July 2002 08:10 Go to previous message
Murali
AFter crosschecking.. you can issue a new rman command to backup the availabe archive logs bye

BACKUP ARCHIVELOG FROM SEQUENCE xxx UNTIL SEQUENCE yyy;
Previous Topic: Problme with Rman : Urgent
Next Topic: RMAN problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:17:09 CDT 2024