Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how to make perfect backup
how to make perfect backup [message #29443] Wed, 03 March 2004 20:47
annu
hello experts,

I m here to discuss about problem that i m facing to make perfect backup utility. there are some certain limitation and i have to work within these conditions. So kindly give me a suggetion which is most suitable for me. I have develop an application which has 130 tables. This application operates from four different locations. 1) head office and 3 factories. but its all offlined. I mean we transfer data through dialup or CD media. So it is cleared that all locations are not connected perminently. my first problem is that
1) how we make data backup and differntiat its identities with respect to there locations.
2) i just want to make backup for new data or modified data. In that how we determin that this row or record is modified or changed.
3) data backup size is also important cus u know on dialup we just make not more then 2 m.b of databackup.
Our ISPs data tranfered rate is too much slow. about 2 m.b of data transfer takes 20-30 mins. by the way DMP file size is around 11 MB but we zip it and then transfer. So keep in mind this is also very important matter.
4) Development, modifications and enhancment are all made in Head office location so we cant use text backup utility. If we use it then we must have to modify structure on other locations before restore.

So Gurus... Experts ... Please help me out of here and give me good solution that how can i make proper kind of backup utility ..
Previous Topic: Full backup occured when specified as Incremental
Next Topic: Incremental backup in Oracle 8i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:13:59 CDT 2024